Calves often regress after relocating from calf igloos to group pens in a regular cowshed. This can be prevented with CalfOTel group hutches. The calves remain outside in the fresh air up to an age of about 3 months. Disease pressure is a lot lower here than inside a shed for young cows. The group hutches naturally have all the strengths of the CalfOTel calf igloos.
- Suitable for housing 5 or 10 calves
- Galvanised, patented fencing (EP 1.138.196)
- Made of fibreglass-reinforced polyester, which guarantees a prolonged service life and shade temperatures in the summer
- Excellent ventilation due to the openings in the roof
- Equipped with lifting eyes as standard, so easy to move
- Fence equipped with anchoring system
- The smooth inside layer prevents bacterial growth and is easy to clean
- Fence can be easily removed from the hutch
- A removable front fence makes it easy to lock the calves inside the hutch
- Easy access to the hutch via the gate in the side fence
- Capacity is ideal for letting groups of calves of the same age go in-out at the same time
- The system provides a perfect view.
The CalfOTel group hutches are available in two different versions:
- CalfOTel XL-5
- CalfOTel XL-10
You can opt for the hutches to be supplied with a threshold, locking gate or fence.